Our dentists in Allen, Texas, Dr. Hunter and Dr. Aubel, and the rest of our team are committed to patient safety and health. Infection control has always been a top priority for Allen Pediatric Dentistry, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association® (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will have curbside check-in and -out. Pull into a numbered sign and call the office once you arrive.
- If you are unable to utilize the curbside check-in due to a patient’s young age or special requests, let us know. Please observe social distancing guidelines. Only one guardian allowed.
- Anyone that enters the office will need to make sure they are wearing their own face covering. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. The games will be turned off; please feel free to bring handheld games for your child (at your own risk).
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 972-727-0737 or visit our website at allenpediatricdenistry.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.