Are you a first-time parent? When it comes to your child’s oral health, there are some things you’ll want to know. As soon as the first tooth appears above the gum line, your child’s smile will need some tender loving care. Here are some tooth brushing tips for your little ones:
– For optimum oral health, you’ll want to begin brushing their mouth twice daily until they come of age to do the task themselves.
– For each brushing session, use a tiny dash of toothpaste – roughly the size of a grain of rice.
– Do not share toothbrushes or other dental cleaning tools with your child. This can transfer harmful bacteria to their mouths.
– You’ll want to bring your child in to see Dr. Jessie Hunter for an oral examination and cleaning before they are one-year old.
– Even after they are old enough to take care of their teeth on their own, you can assist in caring for your child’s oral health by giving them healthy meals that limit tooth-damaging ingredients like acid and simple sugars.
If you would like to book an appointment with Allen Pediatric Dentistry, simply call our pediatric office at 972-727-0737 in Allen, Texas. Dr. Jessie Hunter and the rest of our team look forward to helping correct your child’s smile so it can shine luminously for many years to come!